Monday, June 27, 2011

Twilight by Erte



Bronze Sculpture
Edition: 359/375


The sculpture is 20 1/2" high. It is one of eighteen works in Erte's Images In Bronze collection.

Twilight was missing from the gallery for two years as a result of a break-in.The thief eyed the sculpture on a pedestal and felt entitled to it's ownership, broke the side window and with an accomplice took possession. Believe me, extreme measures were taken by me to regain ownership. And I did! I went as far as consulting a psychic who required only a picture of the missing sculpture. After she unknowingly confirmed my suspicion she asked me to have a detective call her. None complied. Their reason was that they asked him (the thief) if he was responsible for the burglary and he said he wasn't. I remained respectful but anxious to get my sculpture back. And it happened one day two years later.

I'll tell you. But if you can't wait to hear how, get in touch.
I'll probably post another comment another time . . .
I'm not going to continue my commentary on Twilight yet. (I do so much better when I'm telling it in person). I could make a video but I doubt it.

Back to business.
The sculpture is cast in bronze with four or five different patinae. A talent team was directed by Erte at the Joel Meisner and Co. Foundry in New York to produce this collection. After the clay model was finished, a rubber mold was made. On Erte's sculpture, Meisner used the lost wax casting process which is the most time-consuming, costly and best method of casting sculpture.

I want to emphasize that Erte was personally involved in this collection, "Images In Bronze". There are no other sculptures available which have the aesthetic beauty and technical excellence as Erte's bronzes.

Price on Request-smorantzgallery@gmail.com or call 201-943-8900

2 comments:

  1. This is the marvelous post that I have come over after huge searches. I am really thankful to you for providing this unique information.
    Original oil painting for sale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr Carla. I've worked hard and have enjoyed the wonderful world of art.
      Enjoy your "searches" and good luck. I am not purchasing at this time as I am in the throes of depleting a large inventory. Thank you again for the very nice compliment.

      Sherryl Morantz.

      Delete