Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Piazza San Marco by Irving Amen



Original Woodblock Engraving
Pencil Signed Artist Proof
Paper: 17"x21.50"

Having been an auctioneer for the Todd Gallery in the sixties and early seventies, I don't believe conducting an auction without two or three Irving Amen woodblocks listed in the catalog. Before I was given a chance to explain the media or mention who the artist was or his accomplishments the bidding began. The first Irving Amen I sold was "Many Children Dwell In My Father's House". It was held up for auction at the starting price of $75 framed and the final bid I received was $400 and an applause from an excited audience.

Thank you Mr.Amen for the pleasure I had and still have in selling your art work.
The Piazza San Marco posted here has a few slight remnants of tape at the outer edge of the paper. The intrinsic value of the work remains intact.

Price on Request-smorantzgallery@gmail.com or call 201/943/8900

No comments:

Post a Comment