Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Downsizing My Collection

All the art work seen on my blog can also be seen in my gallery which I have been directing as a retail art and framing gallery for over 32 years, at the same address. Everything posted is for sale at below the estimated prices seen on google because I am depleting my inventory, or call it downsizing. No, I'm not closing the gallery.
I have miles to go yet and that much art work to find homes for. Now you have an opportunity to start a collection or add to your collection.The time is always now.

Certainly, I'd like to greet you in person in my gallery as I have greeted clients and potential clients in the past. Once you enter my gallery you become "my people" who share some of the many experiences I had and stories to tell about the world of art and stories having nothing to do with the world of art.

Times have changed and so have I. I've a blog and I started an S.Morantz Galleries page on FB. As you have noticed, on my blog, I add several comments to each post but not enough as I would like. My comments are cut short because they aren't being made in person so there isn't any feedback for me to elaborate. I answer all my emails as if the sender is standing along side of me. It would have been nice to meet Joanne from England or Romero from New Mexico or the many dozens from practically every state in the union. I admit that I am still thrilled with receiving inquiries even if most are only interested in finding out the cost of their art work or they are offering their art work for sale. I am candid with my reply's, winning the confidence of my faceless people.

Yesterday I worked face to face with a couple for forty minutes helping them select prints and oils for their restaurant and home. About forty pieces were pulled and spread out throughout the gallery and they asked me to please leave the art work as it was placed by them, scattered. They said that they'd be back in twenty minutes as they had an appointment with the dentist in my building. I was truly prepared to consummate the sale for at least several pieces. While awaiting their return several clients came into my very disorganized gallery but being "my people", they just worked their way through. After more than enough time elapsed for a dental appointment I took the liberty of checking the dentist's office. You guessed it, they weren't there. It was closing time by now so I reorganized the gallery but kept looking over my shoulder because I was beginning to believe that I was being punk'd. No, I was not being punk'd I was just being had by the art gallery terrorists. Working with "faceless" people isn't so bad after all.

Keep on scrolling and take your time.

Sherryl

Forgive the interruption, again. You've got a green light.


No comments:

Post a Comment