Monday, July 25, 2011

Still Life In Pink,White And Orange by W.Horner



Oil Painting
20"x24" unframed


If I painted this you can be sure the selling price would be three times higher because you would have a biography of the artist.As long as the artist is unknown to me (I don't have the time to do the researching,and if I did I still wouldn't bother) my rule of thumb is,"I see it, I like it, it's affordable, I buy it". Once in awhile an artist emerges and becomes recognized and if I followed my intuition at the time of this purchase I pat myself on the back.

A lot of my buying involves intuition. It doesn't take intuition to buy a Picasso. Just money. And I have one that I'd like to sell! I haven't put it on my blog because I'd really like the pleasure of selling it in person. I can just imagine how many emails or calls I'd receive from Picasso owners wanting to sell me theirs or wanting to know how much theirs is worth.

Getting back to W.Horner....a gift at $450 unframed. If I had painted it...$1200.

Inquiries are welcome. smorantzgallery@gmail.com or call 201-943-8900

No comments:

Post a Comment