Monday, March 12, 2012

Parisian Street Corner With Horse andCarriage and Car by Pencke



Oil Painting
Size: 24"x36"

What caught my attention to this piece was that I don't think I ever saw an old world Paris painting by Pencke where he included a car. Searching around I came to the conclusion that the car could be the first car powered by gas circa 1894 in France. So we can date the picture, not when it was painted, of course. It was Karl Benze that invented this car called the Benz Velo and each car was different from the other. Standard car models were not made yet.

I get caught up with little details and like to address them when possible. It makes it much more interesting for me and for the client, (I hope), to learn a little more than what we see.

My sale price is $375 but don't use this price as the estimated present value. I am depleting my inventory.

smorantzgallery@gmail.com or call 201-943-8900

1 comment: