Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ruins With Village View by Underwood



Oil Painting
Size: 20"x24" unfr.

I've always been fascinated with paintings depicting monuments of antiquity, namely
ruins. I can't compare it to Capriccio's "View With Ruins" for obvious reasons but I was pleased with my feelings towards the painting. After all I am a romanticist
and I was justified that the purchase made sense. And the price was right.

There are several artists that paint under the name of Underwood but none of them
were the Underwood I was looking for. There are no papers bearing the history of the
artist but that didn't stop me from owning the painting.

As I am depleting my inventory I am selling this piece for $500. I will respectfully consider your offer.


smorantzgallery@gmail.com or call 201-943-8900

No comments:

Post a Comment