Saturday, May 7, 2011

Paris Street Scene I by Pencke



Oil Painting
20"x24" unframed


Penke has been enjoying success in my gallery for several years and in others as well. The pieces have become scarce at the dealers and this is a good sign for the artist but not for me; prices have escalated....like everything else.
I like Penke because each painting is full of life and tells it's own story and I like his concentration of painting street scenes, especially Paris.

As soon as possible I'll post the 24"x36" pieces; two left.

Price on Request-smorantzgallery@gmail.com or call 201-943-8900

7 comments:

  1. This painting is actually 20"x24" but the outside measurements, with this frame, are 34"x38". Just a point of information, because from my experience , if you love it, you will find a place to hang it. (This doesn't always work tho').

    Penke concentrates on painting street scenes in the palette above but I have one painted in pastel shades; 24"x36". I'll post it eventually.
    There hasn't been a biography released on the artist yet as far as I know, I just hope he keeps on painting. He has been successful in the gallery.

    Continue...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know any details about this artist? I was at a charity auction recently and one of his paintings was up for auction with zero information, not even sure if it was original, but I really liked it. Thanks for any info.
    MTK

    ReplyDelete
  3. No information on this artist is available.Enjoy the work you purchased, who knows, someday it might be worth more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got one of his paintings last week at an auction... how can I know the name of the painting?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually artists who paint the same subject matter often do not title them. You may ask the person you purchased it from, they may be of help. Thank you for the inquiry and sorry I cannot be of help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a beautiful 8x10 that I've just acquired. It is this tree and the item in front of it. Closer up, with more people. Beautiful period clothing. How do I find out the worth?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have come across 2 painting can I send you a picture? You can email me at albinarojas60@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete