Saturday, May 7, 2011

River with Sailboats I by Morris



Oil Painting
24"x36" unframed


I've been selling the work of Morris for several years without the knowledge of his biography. I don't even know his first name. All I know is that each time I want to purchase his paintings they have either been sold out or the pieces available have out priced themselves from the gallery. I had a good run with them.

Any style of frame works well with this painting, the choice will be yours.

Morris's paintings were some of the most successful works I sold in the gallery. They were available in every standard size. Only two remain, the one posted here and the other to be posted shortly.

Morris has the reputation of being a great landscape artist. In this painting he developed a mood by creating poetic lighting effects, a large mass of trees on one side balanced by a smaller mass on the other, the middle distance, a small feature as the woman and the far distance of mountains or river. This is just a good representation of a successful landscape.

Morris has the use of only one arm, and information on his life has not yet been available.

Price on Request-smorantzgallery@gmail.com or call 201-943-8900

No comments:

Post a Comment