Saturday, May 7, 2011

Persian Woman I by Mara Abboud



Original Silk Screen
Image: 34"x22"
Paper: 38.75"x28"
Pencil Signed
Edition: 87/225

I held onto two Mara Abboud silkscreens for many years; the two seen here. They were acquired by me through my affiliation with Edward Weston Graphics. I always preferred the gift of art in lieu of anything else. I can't remember if Ed Weston published these editions or bought them from the artist for his fund raising auction company, ART IS FOREVER, they were in the inventory before I began working there.

Upon my doing research on the artist I discovered that she is a cousin of the poet/philosopher Kahil Gibran whose work I became very familiar with in college.

I'm sure you'll take the opportunity to google both the artist and her cousin.

A bird just flew into the gallery and I have to try and help it find the way out.

Next Day...click on comment, read and then request price. smorantzgallery@gmail.com or call 201-943-8900

1 comment:

  1. The bird was in hiding and I left it in the gallery over night to find it the next morning fluttering back and forth in the window to the sympathetic cries of the bystanders. Truthfully, I needed the sympathy; I was up half the night worrying about the state of the bird and the state
    of the gallery. I called the police for advice and they recommended I call a pest exterminator.
    To make a long story short, after total exhaustion,(on my part),it flew out to the great beyond.

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete