Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Day Out on the Inlet by Peters SOLD


Oil Painting
24"X36" unframed

I wish more people could deal with a vertical painting over their couch, bed or server in the dinning room. Unless there is absolutely no inches left from the top of the frame to the ceiling then go for the horizontal. Look around the room, everything in it is probably horizontal; the coffee table, side boards, dressers and the mantle, etc. Give the room some drama with a verticle piece, the illusion it makes is a higher ceiling and then you have space on either side for perhaps some smaller coordinating pieces or sconces to light up the painting. There's a great selection of these (sconces) out there.

Whatever you do, you have to live with it and be comfortable with your decision. I just like making helpful suggestions.

The painting was sold today to a charming lady for her hopefully new home as she hasn't closed as yet. If your following my blog I'll let you know either way.
(The house has both an indoor and outdoor pool and my client can hardly wait to move in. She has me praying to help her dream come true). Her offer was $3 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment