Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Summer Garden by Gertrude Barrer


SUMMER GARDEN by Gertrude Barrer

Original Silkscreen
Pencil Signed
Paper:20"x26"
Image: 19"x15.50"
Edition:45/150

Note:
Gertrude Barrer and Frank Russell, husband and wife, collaborated in producing art projects for over forty years. They created the "Byzantine Triptych" and"Romeo and Juliet" designs for Porcelain Collectors' Plates. Barrer and Russell entered their ceramic paintings into one of my Gallery's Group Shows and I'm happy to report sales were successful. Ceramic paintings by these artists are no longer available except on the re-sale market but I've a great collection of limited edition prints on arches paper embossed with a Russell-Barrer Atelier logo.

Gertrude illustrated five children's books, is listed in "Who's Who in American Art" and "Who's Who in American Women". In another Group Show she was chosen by Clement Greenberg to exhibit in the Whitney Museum Annual. She was the dearest! If I can only turn back time to when I delighted in selling the frescos. I love this Art World and the wonderful artists that make and made up this art world. I loved Frank and Gertrude.

Price on Request-smorantzgallery@gmail.com or call 201-943-8900

4 comments:

  1. We love Gertrude Barrer! Just picked up our second 1960s Barrer painting today. So whimsical and delightful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gertrude is my great-aunt! I've been looking for some of her work to display with the solitary fresco I have. I'm so sad that I never met her. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I owned a SOHO gallery in the 1990's and carried some of her work. Recently discovered a tube with several of her pieces in it. Thought to offer them on eBay but saw your post and thought to give you first opportunity. If interested you can call me at 718 872 5534 or email me at bresk2@aol.com My name is Mark.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Sam for your comment. Keep on enjoying your fresco and when you are in the market for a graphic, contact me.

    ReplyDelete