Friday, April 1, 2011

Mother and Child by Sandu Liberman



Original Lithograph
Size: 22"x27"
Pencil Signed AP


If you had the pleasure of vacationing at one of the following hotels in the Catskill Mountains; The Concord, The Nevele, The Raleigh Country Club, Kutcher's, or The Grossinger's you attended an Art Auction which featured this Artist's work. Sandu Liberman was a portrait artist born in Romania in 1923, his passing circa 1970.

If I may, I conducted the art auctions for Todd Gallery at the Concord Hotel,late 60's, early 70's and directed the gallery on the Promenade, next to the "Coffee Shoppe", a very visible location. I always hung a Liberman portrait in the window and it always sold. I hesitated hanging a 6'x6' painting of Einstein in the window because it would take up too much room, but I did and it sold. These were the glory days of selling, especially the Liberman's. I also have a lithograph of "The Boy With The Butterfly" available.

Most of his editions totaled 250. Contact the gallery if you own one or if you remember my auctions in any of the above hotels. I'd love to hear from you.

Above I mentioned the very visible location of the gallery I directed at the Concord Hotel. The Concord is no longer there but the memories are and one of these days I'll find space on my blog to share them with you. Meanwhile, "BUY ART"!

Price on Request-smorantzgallery@gmail.com or call 201-943-8900

2 comments:

  1. purchased in the early 1960's in the catskills.mother and child a/p.Excellent condition.What is it's worth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi “unknown” do you have the original of this drawing?

    ReplyDelete