Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sunflower Fields



Oil Painting
Size: 30"x40" unframed
Price: $300


This piece was in my window. Along side, on a pedestal, I placed a vase of sunflowers. I pulled out all my sunflower works, 8"x10", 20"x24", and 24"x36" and created a sunflower theme to the delight of passerby's.

The Sunflowers have been replaced in the window with a Ballet theme. Grand. Borrowed ballet slippers and tu tu.

The Ballet theme has been replaced with a rose theme. On the top of the easel is a reproduction of John William Waterhouse's "Soul of the Rose". It measures 24"x30" unframed and 32"x38" framed and it boasts a beautiful antique white baroque frame. The artist is Leo Lee who was a resident of Cliffside Park and was willing to barter
with me for my artist's easel that I no longer had use for. I never regretted the trade. I'm still not sure that I am ready to sell my painting but at least window shoppers are enjoying the view. For the right price it might find a new home.

If you are familiar with this painting, I continued the vine of roses with a silk garland of roses I attached to the frame and draped it casually down and around a pedestal hosting a vase of pink roses. It's so pretty. I keep going outside to beam. Please use your power of visualization.

P.S.
I'm committed to selling my artwork for very reasonable prices and I will respectfully consider your offer on any of the art on the blog. This statement will be repeated throughout the blog.

smorantzgallery@gmail.com or call 201-943-8900


No comments:

Post a Comment